(Notification) AIIMS : MBBS Admission Exam Test - 2018
Applications are invited for Registration in the prescribed form through online mode only for the Entrance Examination for admission to the MBBS Course at AIIMS, New Delhi and Eight other AIIMS (Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Rishikesh, Raipur, Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) & Nagpur (Maharashtra)
The Online Application Form for AIIMS, MBBS Entrance Examination-2018 is tentatively going to live on 5th February, 2018. Before starting the Registration Form aspirants are advised to get acquainted with the major activities so that while filling the online Registration Form they may be well versed with the processes.
Candidates who have passed / appearing / appeared in 12th class examination or its equivalent with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology with 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates) in aggregate.
- Should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2017)
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply.
Should have passed the 12thClass under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent Examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY as subject.
Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks (as indicated in Sl No. 03 below) are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
If the Institute has to consider an Examination of an Indian University or of a foreign/university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate Science Examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate.
- The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination (as in the Essential Qualification at Sl. No. 2 of this table) required for appearing in this examination are :
- General and OBC candidates: 60%
- SC/ST/OPH Candidates: 50%
The Competitive Entrance Examination will have one paper consisting of 200 Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude The distribution of questions is :
||Number of Questions
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)
STANDARD OF EXAMINATION:
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. No syllabus has been prescribed by the Institute for the examination.
Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
1. General : 1000.00
2. Other Backward Classes [OBC : Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers] : 1000.00
3. Scheduled Caste [SC] : 800.00
4. Scheduled Tribe [ST] : 800.00
5. OPH EXEMPTED
Mode of Payment :
Through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
Minimum Cut-off Scores:
- General Category : 50%
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) : 45%
- SC / ST : 40%
- OPH : Cut-offs of the respective category
Choice of Examination Center :
1. The city for examination will be chosen by applicants after submission of examination fees on first come- first-serve basis. However, before submitting the fee candidate can check the availability of the seat. It may be noted that if the lest few seats are available in a city, these may get filled by the time of the payment formalities are completed.
2. The applicants can choose any available city and it will be immediately allotted to the applicant. (This option will be active only after payment of fees) 3. There will be a drop down list of States then choose cities where examination will be conducted in Online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
4. On choosing a state, a drop down list of Cities in that state where examination is to be conducted can be chosen.
5. The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. (Select the choice of city with utmost care).
6. As the seats in respective cities are limited, Applicants are advised to register themselves, make payment, Choose city and submit their application format at the earliest without waiting of the last date, to avoid not getting the choice of city.
7. AIIMS shall allocate the Examination Centre within a city that will be displayed in the Admit Card. 8. AIIMS may change the chosen city and /or the allocated centre for logistic & administration reasons.
Mode of Selection
The Entrance Examination will be conducted only in Online Mode Computer Based Test (CBT)
How To Apply:
Step 1: Registration Form
Candidate should fill in all the required information in the registration form like Candidate full name, Father Name, Mother name, DOB, Category, OPH Status and Nationality etc. and Read the Declaration of Eligibility carefully and give consent on it before submitting the form. On clicking the ͞Proceed͟ button Next page shown will be the New Candidate Registration Form.
After filling the required information then click on ͞Save & Proceed͟ button.
Step 2: Make Payment
On Clicking ͞Pƌoceed͟ button candidate navigates to Make Payment page to pay registration Fee. Payment of registration fee can only be done through Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit card and Internet Banking.
To pay registration fee through Credit/Debit Card, candidate should enter the information asked for, to pay through on line mode and click on PAY button.
Step 3: City Choice
The third step of registration is City Choice for entrance examination. After successful payment of registration fee candidate will be directed to City Choice Page by clicking the Proceed button.
The City availability list shows the real time status of seats available in a city.
Step 4: Qualification & Address Details
After third step of registration process is completed, the next step is to fill Qualification & Address Details. Candidate should fill all the information asked for regarding Qualifying Examination like Name, Status, and Board of Exam etc. and complete permanent and correspondence address.
Step 5: Upload Images
In 5th step of registration form, Candidate need to upload his/her latest passport size Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression. The supported digital image format includes .gif, .png, .jpg/jpeg.
Step 6: Print Registration Form
- Online Registration of Applications on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org opens : Monday, 05th February, 2018
- Online Registration of Applications closes on Tuesday, : 05th March, 2018 at 5:00 PM
- Date & Examination Centres: Saturday, 26th May, 2018 & Sunday, 27th May, 2018 at various Examination centres all over the country. The Entrance Examination will be conducted only in Online Mode [Computer Based Test (CBT) ] in two shifts per day (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM). The exact schedule and number of shifts will be announced later depending on the number of applicants & logistics.