(Notification) University of Allahabad B.ED. Entrance Test -
The University of Allahabad shall hold an Entrance Test to admission for
candidates seeking admission to B.Ed Programme for the academic year 2016-17.
Admission for B. Ed. Course shall be held for affiliated colleges of
University of Allahabad i.e. (1). K. P. Training College (Government Aided) and
(2). S. S. Khanna Girls Degree College (Under self finance scheme) for girls
only. B. Ed. Course will be of Two Years (4- Semester) which can be completed
within a maximum period of 03 years.
- Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in Bachelors Degree and / or Masters Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanity, Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Relaxation in qualifying marks and reservations for S. C. / S. T. /O.B.C. /P.W.D. and other classes shall be as per Central Government rules.
- Only those candidates can apply for B. Ed. Admission, who have passed the qualifying U.G. /P.G. examination from the University of Allahabad or any other University recognized by UGC.
- Admission to Teacher Education Institutions affiliated to University of Allahabad shall be done on the seats approved by N. R. C. of N. C. T. E. Any admission over and above this limit shall be invalid.
- Admission to Arts, Science and Commerce streams shall be done on the seats decided on the basis of number of teachers available in different school subjects in a particular institution as per the NCTE regulation (2014).
- Admission Test and admission shall be governed by University of Allahabad Act- 2005. If new ordinances for B. Ed. are approved they will replace the existing Ordinances.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. T. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under S.C. Category.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. C. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- If any candidate of Reserved category is eligible for admission on the basis of merit order under Unreserved category he/she will be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- Only those candidates shall be entitled for admission under Reserved category who have marked the reserved category in admission form and produced valid document in this regard at the time of admission.
- No correction in the entries shall be permitted after submission of the registration form.
B. Ed. Admission Test shall have One Question paper for Three hours duration. This question paper shall have two sections. Section One will have 25 items of Hindi Language comprehension, 25 items of English Language comprehension, 50 items on General Knowledge and Current Affairs, 25 Items on Mental Ability and 25 Items on Teaching Aptitude. These 150 Items shall be compulsory.
Section Two will have 50 Items on Subject content Knowledge. Every candidate shall have to answer all the 50 items from any of the Arts, Science or Commerce Streams. Levels of items will be of three year degree course of B. A./ B. Sc./ B. Com. Of University of Allahabad. Items of Arts stream will be from History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Hindi Literature, English literature and Sanskrit Literature subject.
Items of Science stream will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology and Botany subjects
Candidates shall have to answer 200 items in all and each item shall carry 01 mark.
Items of General Knowledge shall be from Indian Social Life, History, Economic Development, Five Year Plans, Education Policy, Literature, Constitution, Sports, Environment, Health, Geography etc.
Items of Mental Ability will include Items from Logical Ability, Relational
Thinking, Symbol Transformation, Abstract Thinking and Classification Ability,
inductive deductive thinking
Maximum seats for admission in any institution is decided on the basis of availability of teachers. Maximum number of seats is approved by NRC of NCTE.
- For K.P. Training College (Co-ed institution) maximum intake is 50.
- For S.S.Khanna Girls Degree College (Female Candidates only) maximum intake is 100.
Admission to Science and Commerce Graduates shall be done subject to availability of teachers in concerned streams. B. Ed. Department of the college must have science lab of High school level.
Separate merit list shall be prepared for Arts, Science and Commerce streams for reserved and unreserved category on the basis of scores obtained in admission test. Only female candidates can opt for both the colleges, therefore merit list for female candidates shall be prepared for both the colleges separately.
Such candidates will not be eligible for admission if he/she has been debarred/ expelled from the University for two or more years.
PWD – 03% seats will be reserved for Physically Disabled candidates. Admission under PWD category shall be done as per University of Allahabad Admission rules.
PWD candidates will be adjusted in their respective social category.
If there is any discrepancy in calculation of computed scores, the same can be corrected and consequently merit position can be revised. If by such revision the name of any candidate gets deleted from merit order his admission can be cancelled.
How To Apply:
Steps to Fill Online Application
Step 1: Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
Step 2: User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email ID
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
Step 5: Submission of Fees
Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with Transaction ID Printed on it.
- Release of Advertisement : 09 Apr 2016
- Application Forms Available (Online only) : 19 Apr 2016
- Last date for fees submission : 26 May 2016
- Last date for form submission (Online only) : 25 May 2016
- Availability of online admit cards : 10 June 2016
- Date of Entrance Test : 3rd Week of June 2016
Courtesy: Allahabad University