(Notification) Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test -
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university
level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This
university organizes a series of CETs for admission in different courses. This
exam is organized for admission in various UG and PG courses in the field of
engineering, medical, management, law, computer applications, etc. offered by
the Indraprasth University. Through this article candidates can check detailed
information about IPU CET 2017 including eligibility criteria,
- For UG courses, candidates have to pass their 10+2 equivalent
examination from a recognized board.
- For PG Courses, candidates have to complete their graduation degree.
- Candidates who have a three year diploma & B.Sc graduation degree, they
can apply for B.Tech Lateral entry course.
IPU CET Exam Pattern:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper
- The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Candidates are required to use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong
- Negative marking will be done for wrong answers and for more than one
answer to each question.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in total 150
questions for all programmes (except B.Tech. Biotechnology).
- Total 200 questions will be asked for B.Tech (Biotechnology).
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be objective type and each
question will carry four marks for each correct response.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two and a half hours (for
B.Tech. Biotechnology, three hours exam duration).
- Language: The question paper language will be English.
The application fee is Rs. 1000/-. Candidates can submit the fee only through
mode. The fee is no refundable. Extra processing charges and taxes are
applicable. The fee will be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking.
Syllabus for undergraduate courses will be based on the diploma or 10+2
level. The CET syllabus for different courses will be different and the
questions will be asked from the related field of the course. For better exam
preparations, candidates should gather the complete information about the
official syllabus and prepare accordingly
The IPU CET 2017 Admit Card will be available before one week from the
examination date. The admit card can be download through the official website of
the university. It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination hall.
Candidates must keep safe the admit card till the admission procedure. Re-issue
of duplicate admit card will not be entertained after the examination.
IPU admission will be made according to the rank secured by the candidates in
the merit list. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled
by the candidates, rank on merit list and availability of seats. After seat
allotment candidates have to pay the notified fee at the time of counselling/admission.
In case candidates fail to pay the fee, the allotted seat will be given to the
How To Apply:
- To begin the form submission, logon to the Official website of the
Indraprastha University i.e. ipu.ac.in or the link of the Online Application
Form will be available here.
- Candidates should search for the link of ‘IPU CET 2017’ Online
Registration and click on the link available there.
- Candidates should fill the required details i.e. Educational, Personal
and other details required in the application form.
- After filling all the details, candidates should upload the scanned
photograph and the signature as per the instructions provided.
- After uploading the documents, the Payment of the Application Form Fee
Rs. 1000 will be done via Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- For the correction in any field, candidates can send the request on a
plain paper along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 500 at the following address:
- Application form starts : Last week of January 2017
- Last date of application form submission : 28th March 2017
- Admit Card Release : Before one or two weeks from the examination
- B.Tech exam date : 23rd April 2017 (2.00 PM to 4.30 PM)
- Result announcement : 9th May 2017